Published or under revision
- Poverty accounting (with D. de Crombrugghe and A. Szirmai), European Economic Review, Vol. 104. (link to gated version).
- Do weak institutions prolong crises? On the identification, characteristics, and duration of declines during economic slumps (with D. de Crombrugghe and A. Szirmai), cond. accepted, World Bank Economic Review.
- The dynamics of stagnation (with D. de Crombrugghe and A. Szirmai), Macroeconomic Dynamics, Vol. 20(8). (link to gated version).
- Holding on? Ethnic divisions, political institutions and the duration of economic declines (with K. Thomsson).
- Fueling conflict? (De)Escalation and bilateral aid (with M. Gassebner, P. Schaudt and S. Langlotz).
Papers with conference drafts
- Top lights: Bright cities and their contribution to economic development (with M. Krause). Comments welcome.
- Neighborhood disputes? Spatial inequalities and civil conflict in Africa (with M. H. L. Wong).
- The economic effects of district reforms (with C. Lessmann and P. Schaudt).
- Connecting people: Chinese-financed development projects and the distribution of global economic activity (with A. Dreher, A. Fuchs, B. Parks, A. Strange, and M. Tierney).
- Growth and spatial inequalities (with M. Krause and C. Lessmann).
- fhetprob: A fast QMLE Stata routine for fractional probit models with multiplicative heteroskedasticity, retired background paper
- Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa 2016 (with D. de Crombrugghe and A. Fosu). EU – DG DEVCO report.
For most papers I am implementing a new method, adapting an old one or implementing other econometrically interesting things. My plan is to eventually post the most exciting bits either as code-snippets, fully-fledged Stata programs, or R functions under the heading “Data & Code”. There you can also find the data sets used in my published papers.